Arch Interface exists to explore how brand & technology work together to build great ideas and businesses. It was founded in 2008 by Joss Langford and has a wide range of clients and projects.
As part of diverse network of specialists, Arch Interface is often the first calling point for organisations wanting to step beyond their usual boundaries.
About Joss Langford
In addition to my work through Arch Interface, I am technical director of Activinsights where we help healthcare professionals to collect and analyse lifestyle data to support disease treatment and prevention. I am also co-founder of Coelition, an independent non-profit organisation that promotes the responsible use of personal data and open data standards.
I was born, raised and now live back in the South West of England. I live on a farm with my own family and get my hands dirty when I can.
The informal ensemble which Arch Interface works within has been described to me as an ‘altruistic network’. We freely pass on work and contacts to get the best possible outcome for clients and each other. The nature of the individuals and groups that make up the network mean that it is wide-ranging, resourceful, creative and enterprising. It has great depth and is more robust than a similar monolithic organisation could ever be.
More formal networks are also an important part of my work:
- Fellow of the RSA (Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce) where I help to co-ordinate activities in the South West of England.
- Member of the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET).
- Co-chair of the OASIS Classification of Everyday Living (COEL) Technical Committee (COEL), where we are creating an open standard to preserve privacy in personalised digital services and IoT applications.
- Founder member of Mydata – providing a vision and guiding technical principles for how we, as individuals, can have more control over the data trails we leave behind us in our everyday actions.
- Non-executive director at Cosmic, a South West social enterprise that aims to deliver digital inclusion for individuals, businesses and communities through IT services and training.
- Advisor to Open Consent, developing transparent tools for privacy and personal data control.
- The Growth Agenda is a global network of leading-edge expertise that helps organisations identify and exploit major new growth opportunities. We published a book in 2012 called ‘Growth Champions’.
Businesses change, improve and innovate through the actions of the individuals within the organisation – no report, consultant or new process can ever drive progress alone. As outsiders we can help to give clarity to the strategic challenges, but this only becomes effective if translated into action plans that are realistic for the specifics of the organisation.
Arch Interface helps both brand & technology led businesses:
- identify the technologies a brand will need to underpin its future growth with new products and services,
- develop brand strategies that fully exploit the features that a new technology will enable.
We have tools available to us to help balance consumer pull with technology push and for planning beyond the brand horizon – but more important than the analytics, we listen carefully and try to provide independent insight.